Friday, October 26, 2007

200 Posts!

We've passed 200 posts now on the blog. I am pretty pleased with my blogging experience so far, though lately it's been very hard to keep up. I feel like I need to keep it moving, but at the end of the day I am so tired that my creative juices are all dried up. I know that we are in the midst of a tough spell right now and there's very little free time to be had for any of us. Once it's over though I would like to make a renewed commitment to writing, maybe start getting up early again like I used to. Writing is kind of like exercise, the more you do it the easier it is. Like muscle tone, you need to use it or you lose it. The less I write the more awkward writing becomes, it's like the flow is stopped up. Only if I work at it every day does it remain fluid and easy.

But really, the blog is just a means to an end for me. The blog is just a way for me to write, an excuse to put aside the time to write. I don't write for the blog. Partly for that reason, I'm saying goodbye to the comments section again! Adios! You guys are all great, but you're not big comment-makers and that's fine with me. I just really prefer the layout/options and ease of use that the more advanced templates offer. But I can't get comments to work with that template, Blogger won't let me. I'm actually happy to go back to the way it was before and now I don't have to feel like I'm missing out on something. Feel free to email me if you ever want to discuss something from the blog!

So I'm off now, my girls are sleeping soundly, both clean and shiny from baths and nail-clippings, thorough hair-brushings and fresh pyjamas. It's so nice when they are all fresh like this. They will wake up with crazy-awesome bed-heads tomorrow from tossing and turning all night with slightly damp hair. I can't wait! The Lion's hair is slowly starting to get thicker and darker like her sister's. You can see it underneath the top layer of hair which is still light from the summer's sun. Her hair is changing as she grows from a baby to a little girl. Those little bends and twists of hair around her neckline and ears will soon be straight and tamed... Why do they have to grow up?

No comments: