I am always cold in the winter. It doesn't matter really what the temperature is outside, I am cold. I would keep the thermostat jacked up constantly if I could. Most nights these days I go to bed with a hot water bottle. If I don't, the Professor has to sacrifice one of his warm calves to my freezing toes (that's why I adore him so, 8 years of this). Anyway I was doing some reading of blogs this morning and read about Haramaki. It's a Japanese garment, basically a stretchy cotton or wool tube which you wear around your middle. So instead of always trying to keep your fingers and toes warm, you wear this under (or with) your regular clothes to keep your core body warm. So I wore a scarf wrapped several times around my middle today (yes, go ahead and laugh) and I think it really worked! Plus layering is quite fashionable, no? I am thinking of asking the tailor down the street to make one for me, a little on the long side, like this one:

Except, well, in black. You know me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment